Monday, June 7, 2010

"Money makes the world go 'round" or so I hear

Constant 75-90 degree heat, constant need for air conditioning, and boredom. It is without a doubt the summer of 2010.

So since the semester ended, I have spent most of my time working at my church job, which is now on summer vacation; at home willingly doing random household chores or being a couch potato while watching TV and movies; or hanging with friends. I don't think I have had this much free time since the summer before Hurricane Katrina. My only problem with my free time is that I don't feel like I have earned the right to do nothing. Here are my arguments for both sides:
- I feel that I have earned the right to relax and enjoy the summer because this past semester has been one of the busiest 5 months of my life (Verdi Requiem, Pirates of Penzance, Wagner's Flying Dutchman, Brahms Requiem, Carmina Burana, Mozart Requiem, L'enfant et les sortiléges, add Duruflé Requiem in addition to classes finals and juries). I also have not left New Orleans for a real vacation since I graduated high school. I'm going kind of crazy not having a vacation.
- I don't deserve this free time because I am moving into an apartment in less than a month, and I have to pay for rent. This means I need a job because I also need to pay for things like food, electricity, and other random things I like to buy (clothes, music, etc). So I don't want to be constantly spending money with no money coming in. I feel bad doing that, plus I know my parents are thinking I'm really lazy. I feel like I am just waiting for all money to be gone.

As you can see, I'm sort of at a stalemate. So, I'm trying to make my summer worthwhile by doing housework, practicing, swimming, working out (sometimes) and trying to spend as little money as possible.

Can you believe it's been almost exactly 3 whole months since my last post? Damn.

---
Lady Gaga sings "Stand By Me." This is probably my most favorite song from my younger years, and the fact that Gaga sticks to the originality of the song make it so much better.


BAM!!

No comments: